The College Communications Office has created design files for department and program use. These files will help you comply with SACS requirements and branding standards. The College required practice is:
- Any person using the design templates must attend a short training session. Email us for an appointment, please.
- Our office can provide guidance on wording, photographs, and other design questions.
- Once a draft design is completed, the Communications Director and the organization’s leader (department chair, for example) must approve the document. This is a requirement for SACS and branding compliance.
- The unit must retain any supporting documentation to validate any “claims” made on the information piece – graduation rates, success of graduates, programs offered, etc. for SACS compliance.
Department and Program-Level Design Files
(Access to these files requires UNC Charlotte log-in.)
The College Communications Office has created branded templates you can use for PowerPoint presentations. We also have created backgrounds for digital learning/virtual meetings.
Branding and Brand Standards
One way to think about the concept of branding is as the expression of the meaning or value of an organization. Logos, colors, typography, photographs, and words used to describe an organization and its work are all ways to communicate that brand.
For the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, our brand draws upon the College mission statement and communicates our identity. The College also adheres to the UNC Charlotte brand standards.
University Brand Identity Standards provide a blueprint of guidelines and best practices for using official University materials. This focus has emphasized the university’s growth as a preeminent urban research university that also is committed to educational access and to the enhancement of the economic, civic and cultural vitality of the region.
The university periodically revises its policies and brand standards related to marketing and communications — including print, web-based and email marketing. The standards and tools can be found here.
- The University is called The University of North Carolina at Charlotte or UNC Charlotte. We do not use UNCC or UNC-Charlotte or other abbreviations when referring to the university.
- The College is the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (using the ampersand, not spelling out the word “and.”)
- When placing the logo into a document, slide, website or elsewhere, do not “pull” the image by grabbing it at the corner. That can distort it. Use the resizing tools.
- With the logos, the official colors are black, white and University Green. This shade of green is the only one allowed for representing the logo. The logo also may be presented in all black or all white on dark backgrounds.
- PMS 349
- CMYK (100% , 0% , 91% , 41%)
- RGB (0, 112, 60)
- HEX #00703C