Community and Campus Calendars
An effective way to market your events is to post them to community and campus calendars. Some calendars will require you to create an account before you can list your event.
By submitting your event to the College’s online magazine, Exchange, the College’s Communications Office staff will be able to use that information on our news site. We also can post it on the College’s social media sites, include it in a regular events’ update sent to the College and University faculty and staff, include it on events’ slides for the digital screens in buildings and excerpt some events for communications sent to College alumni and friends.
On Campus Campus and News Outlets
- Inside UNC Charlotte
- Exchange (College on-line magazine)
- Campus Events
- UNC Charlotte Student Publications
External Community Calendars
Inclusion of a site on this list is not intended as an endorsement. These are independent sites, many of which are businesses, that are not managed by the UNC Charlotte College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
- 704 Events
- 360 Charlotte
- Charlotte Center City events (This is for the entire Uptown Charlotte area, not UNC Charlotte Center City)
- Charlotte Culture Guide
- Charlotte Five – email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charlotte Happening
- Charlotte Magazine (requires you to create an account)
- Charlotte NOW
- Charlotte Observer events listings
- Charlotte on the Cheap
- Charlotte Post
- Charlotte’s Got a Lot (CRVA)
- Charlotte Writers Club (literary events) email to email@example.com
- Creative Loafing
- Jewish Charlotte events calendar
- La Noticia
- Latin American Chamber: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Latin American Coaltion: email to email@example.com
- NC Stem
- News 14
- Power98fm events
- QCity Metro
- V101.9 events
- Your UCity magazine: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips for Submitting to Calendars
- If a publication allows you to submit events by email, submit your news summary either as text in an email or attached as a Word document. Take a look at their format and do your best to follow it. Some calendars have on-line forms for submissions.
- Avoid sending a document the recipient cannot open – and likely will not use, such as a pdf. Often, event sites do not want a flier; they want you to supply the text.
- Include the day of the week, date, and start and end times.
- Include the location. Is the event at UNC Charlotte? Which campus? Include street address.
- Include the complete building name, not abbreviations. SAC, CHHS or Cone may not be as familiar to people off-campus as they are to you. Refer to the downtown location as UNC Charlotte Center City, not CCB or Center City Building.
- Include the cost, or indicate if the event is free.
- Include “open to the public” if the audience is not restricted.
- Include a link or email for people to register if registration is required.
- Add a link to UNC Charlotte’s parking website, to help external audiences find parking.
- Use the University name correctly: The University of North Carolina at Charlotte or UNC Charlotte. Please do not use UNCC, UNC-Charlotte, or The University of North Carolina Charlotte – these are all incorrect. Be sure to include that this is a UNC Charlotte related event.
- Please identify your department as part of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, if possible.
- List sponsors or partners, especially when this may be a requirement of funding.
- Include a link back to a website or other location where one can find a more extensive description of the event. Be sure important information that cannot be included on the calendar posting is covered on the website.
- Before including photographs, review the copyright information. Identify the people in the photographs, but be sure that you have a signed photo and video release form from any student identified by name, to comply with FERPA.
- Double-check your spelling and the accuracy of information in your event submission. The organizations receiving it likely will not edit the content, and, often, the event information cannot be changed once it has been submitted.